It takes faith to please God! Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
How do you turn a jar of sour dill pickles (32 oz) into a jar of sweet ones?
(How does God take a sour unhappy person and turn them into a sweet smelling vessel of honor?)
2 Corinthians 2:15
For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
1. OPEN THE JAR He asks you to let Him open the jar (open up your spirit to Him)
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
2. We pour ourselves out to God. We trust you Lord with our Whole Spirit, Soul, and Body. Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
We must allow the Holy Spirit to drain us of unbelief, past sins, unforgiveness and any other areas of our lives not pleasing to the Father.
3.Cut pickles into ½ inch slices
Once we except Christ expect the enemy of our souls to start cutting on you. ( you can’t stay a Christian, You couldn’t ever be a goody two shoes… Remember the enemy will use friends, relatives, etc… to try to get you back. Be wise to him!
Note: to believers, All things work for good to those that love the Lord, allow the Lord to use these cutting times to get closer to you. Learn and practice His presence.
4. Return to jar! Hey what happened? I am a new person but I still have the same body, the same job, the same school? But, even thou I look the same I am a new vessel. You will still be you, but with new thinking.
5. Add sugar! Time to get into the word.
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Proverbs 24 13My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:
14So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
6. Time for the 3 Tablespoon of cider vinegar. This time God will put back a Spirit within you that still looks like you and tastes likes you, but because of the sweet word of God filling you and changing you, you will be renewed by the word of God. This time the vinegar is sweet, because of the word changing us.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
7. Add the 1 Tablespoon of onion (you will still have tears with your new life, but now we have the peace that passes understanding that yes, James 1 12Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Also, as the great song says, “If I’d never had a problem I wouldn’t know that God could solve them.”
8. Add 1 Tablespoon of celery seed (It’s time to get planted in a church that teaches the word of God.) Only something with a seed planted starts growing. (Don’t despise small beginnings. 1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
9. Cover / put the lid back on 1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
10. Shake until covered Our Lord wants us all and He will allow us to be shaken so He can get to every part.
I Peter 4 12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
11. Refrigerate for at least 1 week,
I love this! A week is 7 days and 7 is the number of completion. Let the Lord do a complete work in you,
12. Shake occasionally remember be wise. The enemy of our soul is going to plan to shake you up , but God will be there to use the shaking to get closer to you. I love that the shaking is on # 12 Gov. Authority. Stand on the word and what you have learned. (Ep. 6 put on the whole armor…)