There is no limit in what God can do!

There is no limit in what God can do!
Awake everyday knowing that our Lord is changing us into His image!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Struggling with Strife!

Are you struggling with Strife?

Galatians 5: 19-21 says, “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Strife is a work of the flesh and needs to be met at the door of our hearts by the Holy Spirit working in our life. We overcome the flesh by reading the word and choosing to obey the word of God instead of letting our flesh lead the way.

What to do if a non Christian offends you:

Example: I am mad at Susie and I want to scream at her and tell her off, but I know the word of God.

1st The word says, “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.” Proverbs 10:12

2nd I need to think of the consequences of my actions:
• Is screaming and getting to show my flesh more important than my witness with others?
• Is my relationship with Susie worth trying to get alone?
• Do I care that God sees and knows that I care more about my flesh getting its way than my obedience to His word?

But what if the person I am mad at is a Christian too? Good question, let’s see what the word of God says to us about this subject.

II Timothy 2:23-25 “Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correction his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.”

• Note those that cause discord among the brethren and avoid them.
• Be kind and obey God’s word! (use gentleness)

What if you go to a person and state your feeling and they want repent?

Matthew 18: 15-17 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother, but if does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church, and If he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.”



So the word says:
• Go to that brother alone first, in love and state the issue
• If he will not listen or repent take one or two with you and discuss the issue
• The third thing is to bring it before the church


Proverbs 16:28 “ A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.”

Proverbs 26:20-21 “ For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases. 21. As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife.”


I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive me of strife and an ugly spirit. I love you, more than I love getting my way and letting my flesh have dominion over your Holy presence in my life. I repent of strife and I surrender to your holy word and I choose to live my life as you taught us. A-men. UNTIL, Sister Kathy