There is no limit in what God can do!

There is no limit in what God can do!
Awake everyday knowing that our Lord is changing us into His image!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Examine Yourself

Examine Yourself April 17, 2010
As I set down to write in my blog I think of my accountability to my Lord. I think about all the times I have heard the word of God. I believe that in Heaven the Lord makes notes of all we hear and learn and we become accountable to what we have heard. If we use the word of God to judge ourselves, we will be in right standing with the Father. Below I have listed several scriptures that talk about our examining ourselves. Today as we move toward His Glory to Glory let Him change us into His image by reading His word and living our lives accountable to His word.

2 Corinthians 13:4-6 (King James Version)
4For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
6But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Psalm 26
1Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
2Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
3For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

Jesus was examined

Luke 23:13-15 (King James Version)
13And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people,
14Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:
15No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him.

Peter said examine us, it is by the name of Jesus Christ
Acts 4:8-10 (King James Version)

8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
9If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

1 Corinthians 11:27-29 (King James Version)

27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Number 32:20-23 (Moses is reminding the people of God that if we disobey the word of God then our sins will find us out)
20And Moses said unto them, If ye will do this thing, if ye will go armed before the LORD to war,
21And will go all of you armed over Jordan before the LORD, until he hath driven out his enemies from before him,
22And the land be subdued before the LORD: then afterward ye shall return, and be guiltless before the LORD, and before Israel; and this land shall be your possession before the LORD.
23But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.

Job 34:21 The Lord sees us in every way, everyday. We cannot hide from God!
21 "His eyes are on the ways of men;
he sees their every step.

John 3:20 This scripture listed below speaks for it’s self. People walking in sin do not want the light of the word to intrude on their sin, therefore refusing the gospel that tells us that, “ the wages of sin are death” and that sin is only fun for a season, then the judgment. (Hebrews 11:25)

The Message bible John 3:20
19-21"This is the crisis we're in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won't come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is."

Finally my sisters and brothers, Proverbs 28:13 says, “13He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

Please take the time to pray this prayer:
Father in the name of Jesus, I realize by examining myself by your word that I have fell short. I repent of my sins. I turn a new way. I will not practice sin any longer. I will take baby steps of faith and you will honor that faith with your overcoming grace. Thank you for your blood and your forgiveness. Thank you for showing me that the wages of sin is death and I choose you and eternal life.

In Him, Sister Kathy