There is no limit in what God can do!

There is no limit in what God can do!
Awake everyday knowing that our Lord is changing us into His image!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't be afraid to go forward...

The Lord is calling us to another level! April 2010

Don’t be afraid to go forward.

The Israelites were very tired of being slaves. They were slaves to Egypt. They had to do hard labor and belong to another man. They wanted freedom. They wanted a new life, but with change comes a commitment to go forward.

A lot of us today are slaves to wrong friends, wrong thinking, drugs, alcohol, overeating, and disobedience. We want change, but fear the unknown. We like staying in our comfort zone.
Like the battered wife, we want change, we need change, we even crave change, but what will happen if we dare to take a step forward; a step of the unknown? That’s why you see so much of our battered wives returning into the bad situation to begin the abuse again. It is comfortable and they know what to expect, even if it is dangerous.

Ex. 14:1- 15
1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baalzephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea.

3For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They are entangled in the land, the wilderness hath shut them in.
4And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.


Fear causes us to doubt. The Lord has led Moses to lead the people toward the Red Sea. Next the Lord has allowed what was in Pharaoh’s heart to manifest. God had allowed the hardness of Pharaoh’s heart to become action. God had allowed this situation to show His people that He will take care of them and that He is their God.

God will allow situations in our lives to prove Himself big to us. Quit fighting God and accept that He is in charge and will always have the last word in your life.

Exodus 14:
9 But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon.
10 And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.
11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
12 Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.


Verse 11 is typical of humans. If everything doesn’t go the way we want it. We blame the leaders. Everyone is wrong, but me, I cannot admit that I did wrong, or that I am going through a test and God wants to see if I trust Him. I could choose to say, “This too will pass.” Or “My God will work all things out for my good.” Or I could be like the Israelites and go around the same Mountain for 40 years. It is my chose!

Verse 12 is like the battered woman, just let me stay here till I die, it is too hard to make a change.

Exodus 14
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14 The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
15 And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
v. 14 the Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

v. 15 -----------go------forward--------- Dare to trust God! Go forward today, get out of your comfort zone! Pass this test and go to another level with God. The choice is yours…

Prayer: Father forgive me that I have fought change. Forgive me that I have blamed others for my lack-of-faith. Today, I make a decision to go forward in the things of God. I choose to give up past mistakes and by faith head toward the seas of my life knowing that the God of the possible can divide any sea for me to go forward. A-men I love you Lord!